The Cauvery Water Regulation Committee (CWRC) had directed Karnataka to release 12,000 cusecs of water daily to Tamil Nadu for 15 days from August 12. The CWMA subsequently upheld the decision.
On August 12, the apex court had said pleas filed in the matter by the Tamil Nadu government and others, including the DMK, would be taken up for hearing on August 17.
The southwest monsoon has intensified in the Karnataka region of the Cauvery basin over the past few days, resulting in increased inflows into reservoirs in the region
The call lost some momentum after several Kannada organisations withdrew their support. Chief Minister D K Shivakumar said that some activists, including Praveen Shetty and Sa Ra Govindu, had met him ...
Indicating that the state government may challenge the order in the Supreme Court, he said Karnataka would ensure that no injustice was done to the state
A bench comprising Chief Justice Surya Kant and Justices Joymalya Bagchi and V Mohana had earlier said the Tamil Nadu government's plea will be taken up for hearing on Thursday, August 13