Representative Image 
World

Terrorists carry out 30 attacks on Syria's Idlib De-escalation Zone

The Jabhat al-Nusra terrorist group shelled Syria's Idlib de-escalation zone 30 times over the past 24 hours, Rear-Admiral Alexander Karpov, deputy head of the Russian Defense Ministry's Center for Reconciliation of Opposing Sides in Syria, said at a briefing.

migrator

Damascus

"Thirty shelling attacks from the positions of the Jabhat al-Nusra terrorist group were registered in the Idlib de-escalation zone... in the provinces of Idlib (15 attacks), Latakia (8) and Hama (7)," Karpov said on late Friday.

He said the number of attacks according to the Syrian side's data totalled 26.

Karpov said no shelling from the illegal armed groups controlled by Turkey had been registered in the past day.

He added that Russian military police units continued to escort civilian vehicles on the M4 highway between the Raqqa and al-Hasakah provinces.

Visit news.dtnext.in to explore our interactive epaper!

Download the DT Next app for more exciting features!

Click here for iOS

Click here for Android

Weed out history-sheeters from TVK: Nainar Nagenthran

Onam rush spikes Kerala airfares from Chennai

After UPI move, SBI now squeezes basic accounts: Manickam Tagore

Kuppai Pirippom to normalise waste segregation at homes across South Chennai

TNPL 2026: Shock defeat leaves Tiruppur scrambling