Representative image 
Tamil Nadu

Nilgiris court adjourns hearing on Kodanad case to Dec 2

“With the transfer of the case to CB-CID, more time was sought to investigate the case,” he said.

DTNEXT Bureau

COIMBATORE: A court in The Nilgiris on Friday adjourned hearing in the sensational Kodanad heist-cum-murder case to December 2 allowing more time for police to investigate.

Prime accused Sayan and ‘Walayar’ Manoj appeared for hearing in the case, which has been transferred to CB-CID for investigation.

Special public prosecutors M Shahjahan and Kanagaraj filed an intimation memo before the district sessions court judge P Murugan furnishing information on the case being taken over by the CB-CID police.

ये भी प�ें- HC relaxes bail condition of Kodanad case accused

Shahjahan told reporters that so far 316 persons were quizzed in the case.

“With the transfer of the case to CB-CID, more time was sought to investigate the case,” he said.

A gang broke into the Kodanad estate bungalow of former chief minister J Jayalalithaa following her demise and looted valuables after murdering the security guard on April 23, 2017.

Visit news.dtnext.in to explore our interactive epaper!

Download the DT Next app for more exciting features!

Click here for iOS

Click here for Android

Tamil Nadu’s economy expands 39% in five years, ranks among India’s fastest-growing major states: RBI

Union dues mount, TN targets fiscal consolidation and Rs 11 lakh Cr credit push

Tamil Nadu to roll out shipbuilding policy; Rs 5,200 crore cluster planned in Thoothukudi

TN Interim Budget unveils Rs 48,534 Cr for school education, Rs 22,090 Cr for health; push for industry, water, welfare

Rs 374 crore allocated for major riverfront development projects across five Tamil Nadu cities