Representative Image 
Tamil Nadu

Kodanad heist-cum-murder case hearing adjourned to August 26

A gang broke into the Kodanad estate bungalow of former Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa following her demise and looted valuables after murdering the security guard on April 23, 2017.

DTNEXT Bureau

COIMBATORE: A court in the Nilgiris, on Friday, adjourned the hearing in the sensational heist-cum-murder case to August 26, allowing more time for police to investigate. Prime accused Sayan, ‘Walayar’ Manoj, Jamsher Ali and Jithin Joy appeared in court. Speaking to the media, public prosecutor Shahjahan said so far 267 witnesses have been inquired in connection with the case. “As police and forensic experts have to carry out a detailed investigation with regard to accidents involving Sayan and Kanagaraj, more time has been sought from the court,” he said. Earlier, on hearing the arguments, the court posted the hearing in the case to August 26. A gang broke into the Kodanad estate bungalow of former Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa following her demise and looted valuables after murdering the security guard on April 23, 2017.

Visit news.dtnext.in to explore our interactive epaper!

Download the DT Next app for more exciting features!

Click here for iOS

Click here for Android

New chiefs for GCC, Metro Water, CMDA in latest TN govt reshuffle

National testing agency - a crisis of trust

ED knocks on Vijay govt's doors to prosecute DMK leader Senthilbalaji

TN govt releases new books for Classes 1 to 3

CM Vijay devoid of Tamil pride silent on Chola-era artefact recovery: TN BJP president Nainar