Tamil Nadu

Kodanad case adjourned to September 8

As the case came up for hearing on Friday, the CB-CID police sought more time to investigate as special teams were inquiring about some persons in West Bengal.

DT NEXT Bureau

COIMBATORE: The Kodanad heist-cum-murder case hearing has been adjourned to September 8, by a court in The Nilgiris allowing more time for the CB-CID sleuths to investigate.

As the case came up for hearing on Friday, the CB-CID police sought more time to investigate as special teams were inquiring about some persons in West Bengal. “Also, the places of 19 cell phone towers needed inspection and had to obtain reports regarding electronic conversations from Gujarat. Hence, the case has been adjourned allowing more time for investigation,” said Shajahan, special public prosecutor to reporters.

One of the accused Walayar Manoj appeared before the court on Friday. Last week, the CB-CID sent eight cell phones seized from the accused persons to a forensic laboratory for an examination. Police have arrested 10 persons involved in the crime and questioned 316 persons in connection with the case.

Mekedatu project crucial for Karnataka and Tamil Nadu, says DK Shivakumar at Southern States meet

Keralam, TN CMs interact on sidelines of Southern Zonal Council meet

Chennai CBI court sentences ex-Bank of India DGM, five others to 10 years in fraud case

Karnataka submits revised Mekedatu dam DPR; 8.90 lakh trees to be felled for project

Russian missile barrage across Ukraine's capital kills at least 12, wounds 33