Bangar not to take up BCB coaching offer

Former India batting coach Sanjay Bangar has decided against taking up the Bangladesh Cricket Board’s offer to become its Test team’s consultant citing personal and professional commitments.
Bangar not to take up BCB coaching offer

New Delhi

Bangar was offered to coach Bangladesh batsmen in red-ball cricket eight weeks ago but could not take up the offer as he signed a two-year contract with Star Sports in the interim.

“BCB offered me the position eight weeks ago. But in the interim, I finalised my contract with Star which gave me the opportunity to balance out my personal and professional commitments. However, I look forward to working with BCB in the future,” said Bangar.

Former South Africa batsman Neil McKenzie is primarily working with the Bangladesh side for the shorter formats.

Bangar was with the Indian team from 2014 to 2019 and was replaced by Vikram Rathour at the start of the home season in September. The 47-year-old played 12 Tests and 15 ODIs for India between 2001 and 2004.

“We have spoken with Bangar (for Test batting consultant) but nothing is finalised yet,” BCB chief executive Nizamuddin Chowdhury told reporters in Dhaka earlier on Wednesday.

Are you in Chennai?  Then click here to get our newspaper at your doorstep!! 

Related Stories

No stories found.
DT next
www.dtnext.in