45-year-old electrocuted while fixing name board in Tambaram

The Selaiyur police who visited the spot retrieved the body and sent it for post-mortem examination to the Chromepet government hospital and police have registered a case.
Representative Image
Representative Image

CHENNAI: A 45-year-old man was electrocuted while fixing a name board of a shop in Tambaram on Tuesday.

The deceased, Kumar of Rajakilpakkam in Tambaram, was a construction worker. On Tuesday morning, Kumar along with three others were involved in fixing the name board of a shop on Tambaram-Velachery road in Kamarajapuram. Police said when they lifted the board to the first floor using a rope, the board came in contact with a overhead EB wire. Kumar died on the spot after severe electric shock. The Selaiyur police who visited the spot retrieved the body and sent it for post-mortem examination to the Chromepet government hospital and police have registered a case.

Visit news.dtnext.in to explore our interactive epaper!

Download the DT Next app for more exciting features!

Click here for iOS

Click here for Android

Related Stories

No stories found.
DT next
www.dtnext.in