137 students hospitalized in Karnataka

A total of 137 nursing and paramedical students staying at a private hostel here have fallen sick due to food poisoning after having dinner, police sources said on Feb. 07. The students have been admitted to various hospitals in the city, city police commissioner N Shashi Kumar said. The students complained of stomach ache, vomiting and diarrhoea and were admitted to hospitals on Feb. 06. Water contamination is said to be the reason for the food poisoning, sources said. The condition of some of the students is stated to be serious.

Visit news.dtnext.in to explore our interactive epaper!

Download the DT Next app for more exciting features!

Click here for iOS

Click here for Android

Related Stories

No stories found.
DT next