Representative image
Representative image

3 men electrocuted while shifting bureau

The deceased, identified by police as Iliyas Basha (75), Gopi (23) and Pachiappan (50), were carrying a steel bureau down from the second floor of a house at Santhaipet area, when they suffered a shock.

COIMBATORE: Three persons, including a 75-year-old man died of electrocution in Dharmapuri on Thursday morning.

The deceased, identified by police as Iliyas Basha (75), Gopi (23) and Pachiappan (50), were carrying a steel bureau down from the second floor of a house at Santhaipet area, when they suffered a shock.

Police said Iliyas Basha, who was living on rent in the house of Pachiappan, had built a new house at Golden Street.

“Though he shifted to the new house, a week ago, there were some household items left behind in the rental house. Therefore, he along with van driver Gopi and house owner Pachiappan were carrying down the bureau, when it accidentally touched an overhead cable,” police said.

While Basha and Gopi died on the spot, Pachiappan succumbed while being taken to Dharmapuri Government Hospital. Another worker, Kumar, also suffered a shock and is undergoing treatment in the hospital.

Dharmapuri PMK MLA Venkateshwaran visited the family members of the deceased persons and expressed his condolence. The Dharmapuri Town police have registered a case and further inquiries are on.

While Basha and Gopi died on the spot, Pachiappan succumbed while being taken to Dharmapuri Government Hospital. Another worker, Kumar, also suffered a shock and is under treatment

Visit news.dtnext.in to explore our interactive epaper!

Download the DT Next app for more exciting features!

Click here for iOS

Click here for Android

Related Stories

No stories found.
DT next
www.dtnext.in