National Commission for Scheduled Castes decides to reopen suicide case of Ramkumar

The National Commission for Scheduled Castes (NCSC) has decided to reopen the case of suspicious suicide of Ramkumar, the alleged killer in techie Swathi murder case.
National Commission for Scheduled Castes decides to reopen suicide case of Ramkumar


Recently, Ramkumar’s parents had met the NCSC officials in Tirunelveli and submitted a petition to re-investigate the case.
His parents informed L Murugan, Vice-Chairman, NCSC, and Mathiyazhagan, Director, NCSC, Tamil Nadu, that till now the police had not given them the FIR of their son’s alleged suicide case despite repeated requests.
They also claimed that they have not been given a copy of the post mortem report of their son.
They said they are not ready to believe that their son had committed suicide by biting a live wire. They also alleged that their son was murdered and the police are trying to cover it up.
Apart from that they were also refused the copy of the court’s verdict on their son’s case and hence demanded the NCSC to reopen it.
Highly-placed sources close to the NCSC said that after they met the parents of Ramkumar, the NCSC officials and members had decided to reopen the case.
When they decided to take the case to the CBI, one of the senior investigators informed the director that like NCSC, the CBI is also an independent body and so far they had not sought any assistance directly from CBI.
As the director was determined to get justice in the case he decided to approach the CBI directly for the first time in the history of NCSC. He will be asking them to take charge of the investigation of Ramkumar’s case, said sources.
Swathi, a 24-year-old Infosys employee, was murdered on June 24 at the Nungambakkam Railway station by an assailant suspected to be Ramkumar and after a week he was arrested at his native village of Meenatchipuram in Tirunelveli district.
While he was arrested, police claimed that he attempted suicide by slitting his throat.
However, after getting admitted at Tirunelveli GH he was arrested and later shifted to Puzhal prison where he had allegedly committed suicide.
But Ramkumar’s parents and social activists had raised a suspicion in his death. But the court refused to accept their arguments.

Are you in Chennai?  Then click here to get our newspaper at your doorstep!! 

Related Stories

No stories found.
DT next