Begin typing your search...

Govt seeking legal opinion for MBBS admissions: Puducherry CM

Chief Minister V Narayanasamy on Tuesday said that the government has sought the opinion of legal experts with regard to allocating 85 per cent of MBBS and BDS seats to students of state board in the admission process and the remaining 15 per cent seats to students of other boards like announced by the Tamil Nadu government.

Govt seeking legal opinion for MBBS admissions: Puducherry CM
X
Puducherry Chief Minister V Narayanasamy

Puducherry

Talking to newspersons along with Health Minister Malladi Krishna Rao here, Narayanasamy said the decision on the seats will be taken after the fixation of fees by the Fee Committee.

The union territory government has written to fee committee on June 23 requesting the panel to fix the fee for the colleges at the earliest and intimate the government about the new rates. 

Besides, the representations received from the private medical colleges with regard to enhancement of fee has been forwarded to the fee committee. The government has also approached the Centre to seek clarification with regard to fee for deemed institutions. Only after the fixation of fee, the seat sharing talks would be held. The government has already sent letter to the colleges for filling up 50 per cent of the seats in their institutions under the government quota, the Chief Minister said. 

The four deemed medical institutions have, however, declined to surrender any seat to the government quota out of choice. They have cited the provision of filling up all seats in their institutions through the All India NEET rank list of applicants. In the meantime, the government is processing the applications received and the rank list of applicants for MBBS admission would be published in four days. A total of 1586 students have cleared NEET out of 4196 applicants.

Visit news.dtnext.in to explore our interactive epaper!

Download the DT Next app for more exciting features!

Click here for iOS

Click here for Android

migrator
Next Story