Begin typing your search...

Panic after fire breaks out in GH

Tense moments prevailed at the Musiri GH after a sudden fire broke out at the Operation Theatre, on Monday. It was soon covered in a thick blanket of smoke. But there were no causalities as the theatre was empty.

Panic after fire breaks out in GH
X
Officials inspecting the fire-affected operation theatre in Musiri

Thiruchirapalli

According to hospital authorities, people heard a loud explosion from the operation theatre at 7 30 am and  a fire broke out immediately and there was thick smoke all around. The patients and employees ran out for safety. 

The air conditioners in the theatre were reduced to ashes. It is said that workers involved in the maintenance works in the theatre would have left the AC running for long and it could have caused the accident. 

Also, initial investigations found that there was a short circuit in the AC.  On information, fire and rescue team from Musiri rushed to the GH and doused the fire after a struggle of more than two hours. 

It is said that, in a day, more than 50 persons are admitted as inpatients and more than 200 visit the hospital as outpatients.  It is said, the workers involved in maintenance works in the operation theatre had left with the AC in running condition. 

AT arouns 7.30 am, the people heard a big explosion noise from the operation theatre and there was a sudden fire coupled with thick smoke. Soon, the patients and the employees of the hospital ran out for safety. 

On information, the fire and rescue team from Musiri rushed to the GH and doused the fire after a struggle for more than two hours. Since no one was in the operation theatre, no incident took place. However, the air-conditioners were reduced to ashes. Initial investigations found that there as a short circuit in the AC.

Visit news.dtnext.in to explore our interactive epaper!

Download the DT Next app for more exciting features!

Click here for iOS

Click here for Android

migrator
Next Story