Representative image
Representative image

2 students in Kerala infected with norovirus

Norovirus is a viral illness and most common cause of acute gastroenteritis globally.

KOCHI: Kerala government on Monday said norovirus infection, a cause of acute gastroenteritis, was confirmed in two students here.

The students of Class 1 and 2 of a school at Kakkanad near here were found infected and three children are now under treatment.

A senior medical officer said 62 students and a few parents of the school exhibited symptoms following which two samples were sent for testing at the State Public Laboratory.

Norovirus is a viral illness and most common cause of acute gastroenteritis globally.

Visit news.dtnext.in to explore our interactive epaper!

Download the DT Next app for more exciting features!

Click here for iOS

Click here for Android

Related Stories

No stories found.
logo
DT next
www.dtnext.in