Begin typing your search...

11,000-volt wire falls on family sleeping on roof in Jharkhand, 1 dead

Locals say that they have been complaining to the electricity department for years to remove the high-voltage wire that crosses over several houses in the area

11,000-volt wire falls on family sleeping on roof in Jharkhand, 1 dead
X
Representative image

Ranchi

A man was killed and three members of his family criticallyinjured as an 11,000-volt overhead wire fell on them when they were sleeping onthe roof of their house in Jharkhand's Dhanbad district, police said onTuesday.

The incident happened around midnight in Dhanbad'sPandarpala area, they said.

The man who died was identified as Sohel Ansari.

His mother Shamida Khatoon, and brothers Shahnawaj andShahwaj were critically injured. They have been admitted to the Shahid NirmalMahto Medical College and Hospital with severe burn injuries, the police said.

"The man's body has been sent for post-mortem," apolice officer said. Locals say that they have been complaining to theelectricity department for years to remove the high-voltage wire that crossesover several houses in the area.

A senior official of Jharkhand Bijli Vitran Nigam Ltd saidthe process is on to shift the poles where high-voltage electric wires arecrossing over houses.

Visit news.dtnext.in to explore our interactive epaper!

Download the DT Next app for more exciting features!

Click here for iOS

Click here for Android

migrator
Next Story