Begin typing your search...

Missing Snapdeal employee surfaces

A 24-year-old Snapdeal employee, who was missing since Wednesday evening, returned home today soon after she had called up her family to tell them that she was on a train from Panipat in Haryana.

Missing Snapdeal employee surfaces
Image: Facebook


Suspense remained on the circumstances of Deepti Sarna's disappearance, with Superintendent of Police (city) Salman Taj Patil saying that they are investigating the case and will quiz her later in the day as she needs rest now. He said Deepti Sarna has not been "physically harmed".

"We will probe as to how she had gone to Panipat. We are very sure that she has not been physically harmed and she is fine," the SP told reporters here.

Senior Superintendent of Police Dharmendra Singh along with other officers will question the girl about the incident, Patil said.

On Wednesday around 8.30 PM, Deepti went missing after she was travelling in an auto she had hired from outside Vaishali Metro Station.    According to police, Deepti was on her way from Vaishali metro station to the old bus stand of Ghaziabad where her father Narendra Sarna, a resident of Kavi Nagar, was waiting to pick her up.

Deepti's father said today that she called him up in the morning and told him that she was in train in Panipat and coming to Vaishali.

"She told me that she will come to Vaishali, but I asked her not to come to Vaishali and said I will come to New Delhi Railway Station to pick her.

"I don't know how she came (managed to escape). She was calling me up from the phone of her co-passenger in the train. She was found sitting in the train. I don't know whether she was in trauma," he told reporters here.

Deepti's mother said that her father picked her up at New Delhi Railway Station.

"She had called up her father in the morning and told him to pick her up," she further said.

After she went missing, her father had told the police that when the auto crossed the Hindon river bridge on Wednesday's evening, Deepti called him and gave him the location.

She was also heard shouting at the auto driver for taking a wrong route, he had said, adding thereafter her phone was switched off.

Police had soon swung into action and launched a manhunt to search the girl.

Police had yesterday started combing operation in the jungles of Morti near Raj Nagar extension under jurisdiction of Sihani gate police station. As per call details of Deepti's phone, that was her last location.

Police was trying to trace Deepti by electronic surveillance and monitoring some other mobile numbers. Some auto drivers were also summoned for questioning.

Visit to explore our interactive epaper!

Download the DT Next app for more exciting features!

Click here for iOS

Click here for Android

Next Story