BIRMINGHAM: After a thunderous Day 1 of the 2022 Commonwealth Games in Birmingham, Team India looks to retain momentum on the second day with all eyes on Saikhom Mirabai Chanu, the Tokyo Olympic silver-medallist and 2018 CWG gold medallist on Saturday. Badminton and Table Tennis teams looking to make a progress into the knockouts and the women's hockey team will enter their second group-stage tie.
The Indian badminton team began their mixed team title defence with a 5-0 sweep against Pakistan. In Badmintion there were wins for PV Sindhu and Kidambi Srikanth.
Women's cricket made its debut with a three-wicket loss against Australia. The Indian women's table tennis team fared better with a 3-0 victory vs South Africa and then a 3-0 victory against Fiji.
In boxing, Shiva Thapa won his men's 63.5kg Round of 32 bout against Pakistan's Suleman Baloch The Indian women's hockey team 5-0 win against Ghana on Day One set spirits soaring.
In aquatics, Kushagra Rawat came in last in Heat 3 and was eliminated in the Men's 400m Freestyle event. In the triathlon, India finished 26th and 27th respectively with a dismal performance by Pragnya Mohan and Sanjana Joshi.
*Day 2 schedule* includes numerous nail-biting events including finals of weightlifting, athletics and para-swimming. ATHLETICS
India will eye a medal in the men's marathon Final with Nitendra Singh Rawat all geared up at 01.30 PM. PARA-SWIMMING
India's Ashish Kumar Singh will fight for his final birth in the men's 100m Backstroke S9 Finals--at 12:18 AM SWIMMING
* 100m backstroke semifinal--Srihari Natraj (1:14 am) * 200m freestyle heat 3--kushagrarawat (03.00 pm)
GYMNASTICS * Women's Team Final & Individual Qualification Subdivision 3--PranatiNayak, RuthujaNatraj, ProtisthaSamanta (9:00 Pm)
BADMINTON * Mixed team group a---India vs Sri Lanka (1:30 pm)
* Mixed team group a--India Vs Australia (11:30 pm) BOXING
* Over 54kg - 57kg (Round Of 32)---Hussamuddin Mohammed Vs Amzolele (SA) (4:30 Pm) CYCLING (02:30 PM - 06:15 PM)
* Womens sprint qualifying--Mayuri Lute, Triyasha Paul * Womens 3000m individual pursuit qualifying--Meenakshi
* Mens 4000m individual pursuit qualifying--Vishwajeet Singh, Dinesh Kumar Men's kierin first round (8.30 PM -11.30 PM)
HOCKEY * Womens Pool A--India Vs Wales (11:30 PM)
WEIGHTLIFTING * Mens 55 Kg--SanketMahadevSargar(01:30 PM - 06:15 PM)
* Mens 61 Kg--Gururaja((01:30 PM - 06:15 PM)) * Women's 49 Kg--SaikhomMirabhaiChanu(08:00 PM - 10:15 PM)
TABLE TENNIS (02:00 PM - 07:00 PM) * Womens Team Group 2--India Vs Guyana
* Mens Team Group--India Vs Northern Ireland SQUASH (04:30 PM - 07:00 PM)
* Mens singles round of 32--RamitTandon Vs Christopher Binnie (Jamaica) * Womens singles round of 32--JoshanaChinappa Vs Tbd
* Womens singles round of 32--Sunayna Sara Kuruvilla Vs AifaAzman (Malaysia) * Mens singles round of 32--SauravGhosal Vs Tbd
LAWN BALLS (01:00 PM - 06:15 PM) * Men's triple--India vs Malta (
* Women's singles--Tania Choudhury Vs Laura Daniels(Wales) * Men's pairs--India Vs Cook Island
* Women's four--India Vs Canada