Engineer electrocuted on touching lamp post near Madipakkam

Police said Elavarasan accidentally touched a lamp post on the road and soon he was electrocuted and became unconsious. Elavarasan was rushed to a private hospital in Pallikaranai where he was declared brought dead.
Representative image
Representative image

CHENNAI: A software engineer was electrocuted when he touched the lamp post near Madipakkam on Tuesday.

The deceased Elavarasan (33) of Ramanathapuram was staying in Pallikaranai and was working in a private firm as a software engineer. On Tuesday night, Elavarasan with his friend Alexander went to have dinner in a roadside shop on Velachery main road and were walking to the house. Police said Elavarasan accidentally touched a lamp post on the road and soon he was electrocuted and became unconsious. Elavarasan was rushed to a private hospital in Pallikaranai where he was declared brought dead. The Madipakkam police who visited the spot sent the body for post-mortem to the Chromepet GH and the police have registered a case and further inquiry is on.

Visit news.dtnext.in to explore our interactive epaper!

Download the DT Next app for more exciting features!

Click here for iOS

Click here for Android

Related Stories

No stories found.
DT next
www.dtnext.in