Man electrocuted outside his house in Thoraipakkam

The deceased was identified as D Vetrivel, a resident of Ambedkar Nagar in Kallukuttai near Thoraipakkam.
Representative image
Representative image

CHENNAI: A 46-year-old man was electrocuted after a live cable snapped and fell on him while he tried to clear the wire falling on a banana tree near his house in Thoraipakkam. His son, a first-year college student suffered injuries, while he attempted to save his father.

The deceased was identified as D Vetrivel, a resident of Ambedkar Nagar in Kallukuttai near Thoraipakkam. Vetrivel was working as a cab driver and lived with his family in the same area for more than two decades, police said.

On Sunday night, Vetrivel was at home when he saw a banana tree outside his house getting in contact with the low hanging electric wire.

Vetrivel had attempted to move the wire when it allegedly snapped and fell on him. Hearing his cries, Vetrivel’s son, Shyam, a first-year commerce student in a private college on Rajiv Gandhi Salai tried to save his father He was also thrown to the ground in the impact.

Neighbours rushed to the scene and moved the two of them to a nearby hospital, where the father succumbed to his injuries. The son is undergoing treatment.

Visit news.dtnext.in to explore our interactive epaper!

Download the DT Next app for more exciting features!

Click here for iOS

Click here for Android

Related Stories

No stories found.
DT next
www.dtnext.in