Accidental electrocution kills senior citizen in Triplicane

The deceased, R Mani of Ayothi Nagar, Triplicane, was a fisherman.
Representative image
Representative image

CHENNAI: A 72-year-old man died of electrocution when he touched the EB transformer by mistake, while trying to pluck drumsticks from a tree close to the wall of Lady Willingdon School at the Ice House on Friday. The deceased, R Mani of Ayothi Nagar, Triplicane, was a fisherman. The incident happened at around 7.15 am. Police said Mani tried to pluck the drumstick using a metal sickle stick and he accidently touched an EB transformer nearby and got electrocuted. He was thrown off upon impact. His son rushed him to Royapettah Government Hospital where he was declared dead on arrival. His body was later shifted to a mortuary for post-mortem.

Visit news.dtnext.in to explore our interactive epaper!

Download the DT Next app for more exciting features!

Click here for iOS

Click here for Android

Related Stories

No stories found.
DT next
www.dtnext.in