Cattle electrocuted, villagers stage protest in Maduranthagam

Hundreds of villagers protested in front of Tangedco office in Kadukupattu village near Maduranthagam on Tuesday, asking officials to replace the old overhead power cables after cattle died of electrocution and a boy was injured.
Representative image
Representative image

Chennai

On Monday, S Surender a 12-year-old boy, was grazing the cattle on a field. The cattle stepped on a live overhead EB wire and suffered shock. When he tried to rescue it, the boy was thrown away and suffered injuries. The villagers who noticed the incident rushed him to Maduranthagam government hospital. Enraged by this, hundreds of villagers gathered in front of Tangedco office and staged a protest by blocking Pavunjur-Kuvathur road. They alleged that the incident happened because the officials failed to replace the old overhead cables. The Tangedco officials who visited the spot held talks with the villagers and promised that they would replace the cables soon. After that, the agitators gave up the protest and dispersed.

Visit news.dtnext.in to explore our interactive epaper!

Download the DT Next app for more exciting features!

Click here for iOS

Click here for Android

Related Stories

No stories found.
DT next
www.dtnext.in