Representative image 
Tamil Nadu

TN Police denies permission for RSS route march on Oct 2

Citing law and order issues due to protests by certain groups in the event of the RSS taking out a route march on Gandhi Jayanthi, the government had conveyed to it not to proceed with its plan, a senior RSS leader said.

DTNEXT Bureau

CHENNAI: The Tamil Nadu government on Thursday denied permission to the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) to take out its route march on October 2 in the state and also declined nod for a counter agitation planned by the Viduthalai Chiruthaigal Katchi (VCK) on the same day.

Citing law and order issues due to protests by certain groups in the event of the RSS taking out a route march on Gandhi Jayanthi, the government had conveyed to it not to proceed with its plan, a senior RSS leader said.

"Our's is a peaceful march and the Madras High Court has already granted permission. We will approach the issue legally," a senior leader told PTI.

The RSS had already issued a legal notice to State Home Secretary Phanindra Reddy, DGP C Sylendra Babu and Tiruvallur police inspector seeking to know why contempt proceedings should not be initiated against them for disobeying the court order.

The DMK government has also denied permission to allies VCK, CPI and CPI(M) to hold a human chain protest on October 2.

Visit news.dtnext.in to explore our interactive epaper!

Download the DT Next app for more exciting features!

Click here for iOS

Click here for Android

Inner engineering key for security: Defence Minister Rajnath

Super Kishan, Bumrah-led bowlers give India thumping 61-run win over Pakistan

Cracks widening in DMK alliance: EPS

Vallalar's State won't allow divisive forces to distort Tamil identity: CM Stalin

No SC/ST welfare funds diversion for Rs 5,000 aid, clarifies Tamil Nadu government