Representative image 
National

Bomb threat call made to Raj Bhavan, 'hoax' says B’luru Police

According to police, the bomb threat call was made to the Raj Bhavan at 11.30 p.m. on Monday.

IANS

BENGALURU: An incident of miscreants making a hoax bomb call to the Raj Bhavan, the official residence of the Governor of Karnataka, came to light on Tuesday here.

According to police, the bomb threat call was made to the Raj Bhavan at 11.30 p.m. on Monday.

The authorities immediately rushed to the spot and conducted a search operation.

Later, the police ascertained that it was a hoax bomb call.

The call was made to the landline phone of the Raj Bhavan and the accused claimed that a bomb had been planted in the building, police sources said.

Vidhana Soudha police have registered a case in this connection and begun investigation.

On December 1, more than 60 schools in Bengaluru had received a threatening email where the miscreants claimed that the bomb would explode in the schools triggering panic among parents and authorities. Police sources confirmed that the threat mail also contained jihadi literature and pledged to wipe out all those who are not Muslims.

70 days on, no kuruvai relief yet: Anbumani Ramadoss

Centre’s Mines Bill erodes states’ powers: CPI secretary M Veerapandian

Tamil Nadu to set up 17 special courts for POCSO cases

Tamil Nadu government to revive Jayalalithaa's favourite elephant camp

TNPL 2026: Shahrukh’s 17-ball 50 boosts Kovai to top