Rain-hit Delta farmers to get crop relief in a week: CM
Stalin said that the government has taken measures so that the compensation amount will be credited in a week's time to the account of the farmers.
TIRUCHY: The data entry for the crop damage assessment due to the unseasonal rains is under way and the compensation would be credited to each farmer’s account within a week, assured Chief Minister MK Stalin on Wednesday.
Addressing participants at a wedding ceremony of a party functionary in Tiruvarur on Wednesday, the Chief Minister pointed out that the delta farmers had lost their crops due to the unseasonal rainfall and said he could understand the pain of the farmers and so he had deputed the ministers who were in the Erode bypoll works to rush to the Delta.
“I instructed the ministers to personally visit the rain-hit districts and console the affected farmers and immediately commence the crop damage assessment along with the officials who conducted the assessments in the districts including Nagapattinam, Mayiladuthurai, Tiruvarur and Cuddalore and a detailed assessment was made with which, we could send a representation to the Union Government,” the Chief Minister said.
The data entry of the damage assessment is under way and the compensation would be credited to the bank accounts of each affected farmer within a week, promised the Chief Minister.
The Chief Minister said the DMK government has fulfilled 85 per cent of poll promises within two years and the remaining 15 per cent promises would be completed soon.
Referring that the Opposition leader Edappadi K Palaniswami has been propagating that the DMK government had not fulfilled any poll promises, CM Stalin claimed that the DMK government had fulfilled all the promises except for a few.
“If you had not drained the fund, we could have fulfilled the promises earlier than now,” he said.
Stating that the farmers in the State have been enjoying several developmental schemes, the Chief Minister said, the government had presented a separate budget for agriculture which was one of the poll promises and the budget had been drafted after interacting with the farmers. The same pattern has been adopted for the upcoming agri budget also, he said.