7 Family members injured in fire due to gas cylinder leak

Police said Manikkam (60), his wife Rajeshwari, their daughter Banumathi and three grandchildren, including one month baby suffered injuries in the fire incident.
Representative image
Representative image

COIMBATORE: Seven members of a family, including three children suffered injuries in a fire due to a gas cylinder leak in Salem on Monday. Police said Manikkam (60), his wife Rajeshwari, their daughter Banumathi and three grandchildren, including one month baby suffered injuries in the fire incident. Police said Rajeshwari had lit the gas to make tea early on Monday, when it triggered a fire with a blast. In the impact, a portion of the wall in the first floor of their house fell and walls developed cracks. The injured family members have been sent to Salem Government Mohan Kumaramangalam Medical College and Hospital. Preliminary inquiries revealed that the gas stove was left on at night resulting in gas spreading all over the room. Salem Collector S Karmegam inspected the house and told reporters that the seven persons are stable and are recovering fast. “Other families in the house were asked to vacate to ascertain the stability of the structure,” he said.

Visit news.dtnext.in to explore our interactive epaper!

Download the DT Next app for more exciting features!

Click here for iOS

Click here for Android

Related Stories

No stories found.
DT next
www.dtnext.in