Begin typing your search...
As schools gear up to reopen tomorrow, TN govt issues fresh guidelines
As schools in Tamil Nadu are all set to reopen from February 1 (today), the office of the Directorate of Public Health and Preventive Medicine in the State capital has issued fresh Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
Covid appropriate guidelines, which were earlier adopted by schools, including wearing face masks covering nose and mouth all the time, sanitisation, and avoiding group lunch, were also part of the norms issued. The fresh guidelines are:
* All eligible staff should be vaccinated with two doses
* Students between 15 to 18 years should get atleast one dose of vaccine.
* School management should provide sanitizer to teachers, parents, staff, and members of the management.
* Covid appropriate behaviour should be announced via pamphlets, letters, and public announcement systems.
* Guidelines also clearly asserted that teachers and students from containment zones should not attend physical classes and other educational institutions until the area is denotified.
* All deputy Directors of Health Services, Corporation Health Officers, and Municipal Health Officers were clearly instructed to ensure that fresh SOPs are followed scrupulously in all schools and in higher educational institutions.