In a fresh set of rules, the Tamil Nadu government on Wednesday said that the night curfew (10pm to 5am) and lockdown on Sundays will be imposed from tomorrow across the State.
Devotees will not be allowed to places of worship on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. Besides, restuarants are allowed to provide takeaways from 7am to 10pm on Sundays. Essential services like milk, newspaper, ambulances and mortuary vans will be permitted during curfew.
Fresh set of rules, issued by TN Government
* Night curfew has been announced from 10pm to 5am and Sunday curfew, with effect from January.
* Devotees will not be allowed to places of worship on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.
* All govt employees instructed to get fully vaccinated before Jan 9.
* Takeaway allowed from restaurants using food delivery apps from 7am to 10pm during Complete lockdown on Sundays.
* Essential services like milk, newspaper, ambulances and mortuary vans will be permitted during curfew hours.
* All cultural events organised by govt and pvt institutions for Pongal will be cancelled.
* Inter and intra-state Public and private bus service will be permitted during night curfew.
* Public transport and metro services will not be available during complete lockdown on Sundays.
* All fuel stations would be permitted to function 24x7.
* Manufacturing and IT firms will be permitted to operate during night curfew. Employees should carry the ID cards issued by their employers. However, Govt has advised IT firms to allow employees to work from home.
* People will be allowed to use personal and hired vehicles to reach railway stations, airports and bus terminus during night curfew. Travelers should carry their tickets during such night travel.
* Creches, playschools and kindergarten will not be allowed to operate in the state.
* Direct classes from Std I to IX have been restricted, students of class X , XI and XII however will have direct classes.
* Training and coaching centres have been banned from functioning.
* Exhibitions and book fairs have been deferred, as as announced earlier.
* 50% occupancy (seating) has been permitted in public bus transport, suburban trains and metro trains.
* People will be allowed to visit all beaches for morning walk.
* District collectors and local bodies have been advised to establish vegetable and fish markets in more than venue to prevent crowding during weekends.
* Transport dept and local bodies have been advised to scatter bus services starting from integrated bus terminus (like CMBT) and operate them Zone-wise from different locations.