In a survey conducted in a single night in 2018, nearly 5.6 lakh people were found to be experiencing homelessness which meant 17 out of ten thousand people in America were homeless that night. Mostly, about 67% were individuals and the remainder 33% were families with children. Women and children are the worst affected by homelessness. Among the worst affected ten states in the US are California and New York. Indians visiting the US would have seen the familiar sight of homeless people assembling in parks, waiting for charity. They also throng many Hindu temples and ISKCON centres where a sumptuous meal is served as prasad. The situation is equally grim in the UK, France, Italy, Belgium and Russia. In those countries, homelessness is linked to human trafficking where there are agents who promise jobs and deploy them as cheap labour with no guarantee of sustenance and in due course, they are forced to fend for themselves. When there is no alternative livelihood, they succumb to drug peddling and flesh trade. Terrorists make use of these hapless people for their last mile connectivity in terror acts.