Infant drinks kerosene instead of water, dies in Kerala

A 1½-year-old boy who drank kerosene thinking it was water near Kollam died moments after the incident.
Infant drinks kerosene instead of water, dies in Kerala
Baby Arush

According to police, Krishnapillai and his wife, Reshma, hailing from Kollam, had a 1½-year-old child named Arush. When Krishnapillai went with family to his brother's house in Chenchery area, Aarush crawled down and drank kerosene that was kept there thinking it was water.

The boy immediately fainted for a while and fell down. The shocked parents rescued him and took him to a nearby private doctor, where only the parents came to know that the child drank kerosene. Aarush died without responding to treatment.

The baby was later sent to Kollam Government Hospital for autopsy. Savara police have registered a case and are investigating the incident.

Are you in Chennai? Then click here to get our newspaper at your doorstep!

Are you in Chennai?  Then click here to get our newspaper at your doorstep!! 

Related Stories

No stories found.
DT next
www.dtnext.in