11 yr old succumbs to burns in Avadi LPG blast accident; toll rises

They rescued Roja, and four others and rushed them to Government Kilpauk Medical College and Hospital where Roja succumbed to her burn injuries the same day.
Representative image
Representative image

CHENNAI: A 11-year-old girl who suffered burn injuries after a fire accident at their home in Avadi last week succumbed to injuries at the hospital. Her grandmother, Roja (60) died last Monday.

Roja was living with her son Shankar Raja, his wife Anitha, grandchildren Krithika, 11 and Gautham, 9.

On December 19, Roja switched on the stove to make coffee when the cylinder exploded, leading to a fire. Hearing the loud thud, the neighbours alerted the Avadi fire services personnel.

They rescued Roja, and four others and rushed them to Government Kilpauk Medical College and Hospital where Roja succumbed to her burn injuries the same day.

On Sunday, the granddaughter, Krithika succumbed to her injuries.

Investigations revealed that the family changed the cylinder's regulator two days back. Police suspect that the regulator to be not fixed properly which caused leakage.

Visit news.dtnext.in to explore our interactive epaper!

Download the DT Next app for more exciting features!

Click here for iOS

Click here for Android

Related Stories

No stories found.
logo
DT next
www.dtnext.in