In photos: Tense moments in fighting the RGGGH blaze

Fire broke out at medical equipment storage room at the back side of tower 2 of Rajiv Gandhi Government General Hospital (RGGGH) on Wednesday. The fire was triggered by a possible short circuit that later led to explosion of oxygen cylinders kept in the room. No loss of life has been reported so far.
In photos: Tense moments in fighting the RGGGH blaze
Firefighters splashing water mounting on a ladder.
Published on

JUSTIN GEORGE

Plume of smoke emerging from the Bradfield surgical block.
Plume of smoke emerging from the Bradfield surgical block.
Staff removing oxygen cylinders from the spot to avoid further exacerbation.
Staff removing oxygen cylinders from the spot to avoid further exacerbation.
Rescue operation underway at the building that caught fire.
Rescue operation underway at the building that caught fire.
Firefighters splashing water mounting on a ladder.
Fire at Rajiv Gandhi govt hospital; Ma Subramanian, Radhakrishnan rush to spot
Patients taken out to safety from the fire.
Patients taken out to safety from the fire.
People trapped in the building getting rescued by the police.
People trapped in the building getting rescued by the police.

Related Stories

No stories found.