Class 11 student electrocuted while turning on water heater in Chennai

A Class 11 student got electrocuted while turning on the water heater at his house in Pallikaranai on Wednesday.
Shyam
Shyam

Chennai

The deceased P Shyam of Sathya Nagar in Kovilambakkam was studying in the Kovilambakkam Government High School. On Wednesday morning, Shyam placed the immersion rod water heater in a tub and turned on the power supply. After a few minutes, to check the water temperature, Shyam touched the water with his hands and suffered electric shock and fell unconscious. Though his parents, with the help of neighbours, rushed him to a private hospital, he was declared brought dead. Pallikaranai police sent the body for post-mortem to the Chromepet Government Hospital and have registered a case.

Visit news.dtnext.in to explore our interactive epaper!

Download the DT Next app for more exciting features!

Click here for iOS

Click here for Android

Related Stories

No stories found.
DT next
www.dtnext.in