35-year-old guest worker electrocuted at Tambaram construction site

A 35-year-old man was electrocuted at a construction site near Tambaram in the wee hours of Sunday.
Representative image.
Representative image.

Chennai

The deceased Meraj was a native of West Bengal and had been engaged as a labourer for the last three months at a multi-storied building under construction at Nedunkundram. Due to the sudden downpour, the construction site was inundated and the pump set was immersed in rainwater. Meraj, who tried to remove the motor without disconnecting the power supply, suffered an electric shock and was thrown away.

Visit news.dtnext.in to explore our interactive epaper!

Download the DT Next app for more exciting features!

Click here for iOS

Click here for Android

Related Stories

No stories found.
DT next
www.dtnext.in