Boys use sanitiser to set fire to garbage outside home, suffer burns

Two boys, aged seven and 11, suffered burns when they tried to burn waste with sanitiser near Kancheepuram.
Boys use sanitiser to set fire to garbage outside home, suffer burns

Chennai

The boys, J Prakash (11) and D Mukunthan (7), of Siru Kaveripakkam village, have been admitted at Kilpauk Medical College Hospital with over 18 per cent burns. They are said to be safe.
The incident happened on Saturday evening when the two were playing near Prakash’s house.
As they were trying to burn the wood waste collected from the street, Prakash poured the sanitiser which was kept in his house. When Mukunthan lit it, the waste caught fire quickly and both their shirts caught fire.
The neighbours rushed to their rescue and doused the fire. Since they had burn injuries on their shoulders and chest, they were rushed to Kancheepuram government hospital in a 108 ambulance from where they were moved to KMCH.
Baluchettichathiram police have registered a case.

Visit news.dtnext.in to explore our interactive epaper!

Download the DT Next app for more exciting features!

Click here for iOS

Click here for Android

Related Stories

No stories found.
DT next
www.dtnext.in