Begin typing your search...
Celeb Kitchen: Actress Bhagyashree
Actress Bhagyashree, who is making a comeback with Tamil film Thalaivi, is a great believer in the simple things in life.
One of her favourite meals is a northIndian style masoor dal, which she says has a lot of vitamins, protein and iron. Try her recipe for this nutritious dish.
Green chillies: 6
Grated ginger: 2/3tsp
Small bowls of soaked masoor dal: 2
Jeera: 1 tsp
Jeera powder: 2 TSP
Red chilli powder: 2 TSP
Turmeric powder, as needed
Salt to taste
Pinch of hing
Ghee as needed
- Heat a pressure cooker. Add ghee, jeera, ginger, hing and saute it for some time.
- Now add onion and saute until it turns golden brown. Add green chillies, tomatoes and saute again.
- Add jeera powder, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and mix well. Add salt to taste
- Now add soaked masoor dal and mix again.
- Add some water and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Serve with rice or roti