Begin typing your search...
Snacks to bowl you over this cricket season
Turn your match viewing with friends and family exciting with these quick-to-make drinks, nibbles.
Spicy Ginger Beer Margarita
Chilli-infused tequila: 2 cups
Fresh lime juice: 1 cup
Non-alcoholic ginger beer: 4 cups
Lime: 2 (cut into wedges for serving)
- Thinly slice green chillis and combine them along with tequila and store in an airtight container for a few hours to infuse the spice.
- Strain the tequila mixture into a pitcher and add the lime juice and ginger beer.
- Run a lime wedge along the rim of a glass and rub with salt. Pour in the margarita.
- Add a freshly cut lime wedge before serving.
Tear-And-Share Loaded Breads
Foot-long bread/baguette: 1
Chopped vegetables (capsicum, tomato, onion): 1 cup each
Feta cheese: ½ cup
Olive oil: A drizzle
- Cut open the bread/baguette and lay the halves on the counter.
- Add chopped vegetables, olives (if desired) on top of the bread.
- Cook the bread either in an oven or a pan till crisp.
- Serve with crumbled feta and a drizzle of olive oil.
Bacon-Wrapped Avocado Fries
Bacon strips: 20
Avocado: 1 large sized
- Take the large avocado and remove the seed. Cut each half of the avocado into five thin slices and half them in the middle (making 20 fries per avocado).
- Take the precooked bacon and wrap it around the cut avocado. Place the bacon-wrapped avocado in a hot pan and cook for 5-10 minutes.