Begin typing your search...
Man dies of asphyxiation
A 26-year-old man died of asphyxiation while cleaning a well at a restaurant near Oragadam on Friday.
The deceased was identified as M Senthil from Pudukottai, who was working as at the restaurant.
Another worker, Ashok Kumar (23) from Tirunelveli, was admitted at Chengalpattu government hospital. Police said Senthil and Ashok Kumar told the restaurant owner Rajagopal that they would clean the well if he paid separately for that work. On Friday morning, Senthil got into the well first and fell unconscious within few minutes. Ashok, who followed him inside, too became unconscious. Personnel from Sriperumbudur fire station took both of them out.