Begin typing your search...
Indian 2 crane mishap: Shankar appears before CCB
Director S Shankar appeared before Central Crime Branch (CCB) officials at the City Police Commissionerate on Thursday. They are investigating the accident in which three people were killed at the shooting spot of Kamal Haasan starrer Indian 2.
Kamal, who was also present at the shooting spot at the time of the accident, is expected to be summoned to record his statement, though officials did not confirm whether he would be called in for an inquiry.
Sources said Shankar appeared before investigation officer Deputy Commissioner Nagajothi and a few other officials around 11 am and the inquiry lasted for about an hour. His statement was recorded and police said that he would be called for inquiry again if required.
Lyca says Kamal was in charge at the time of the accident
In an official statement issued on Thursday, Lyca Productions stated that Kamal Haasan should accept responsibility for the mishap as well.
Director of Lyca Productions, Neelkant Narayanpur, said in the statement, “As you are surely aware, incidents of this nature need to be dealt with in the spirit of collective responsibility and rectification.
Given the involvement of an eminent artiste and technician of your calibre and experience, and a veteran director of Mr Shankar’s stature being the captain of the ship, we were doubly confident that our own safety measures would have been amplified by your on-thespot judgment. It hardly needs reminding that the entire shoot was also under the control and supervision of yourself and the director.” Soon after the incident, Kamal had questioned Lyca Productions on the steps taken to ensure the safety of the cast and crew members and had also asked whether insurance was taken. When asked to comment on Lyca’s statement, sources close to the actor clarified that the actor had already reacted to the accident and that there was nothing more to add to it at the moment.