Minister for Information and Publicity Kadambur C Raju on Wednesday demanded the removal of a few controversial scenes in the Vijay starer Sarkar, which was released on Deepavali day.
Speaking to reporters at Kovilpatti in Thoothukudi district, he said the movie makers should remove the scene on their own or else face necessary action taken by the government.
“The issue would be discussed with Chief Minister Edappadi K Palaniswamy to decide the next course of action,” he said.
“People would not accept it. It is also not good for Vijay,” Raju added.
Further responding to a query, the minister said the censor board was under the purview of the Central government, which normally nominates members. The State government is in no way connected with the censor board and neither had powers to control or remove any scene from the movie.
Earlier, he said the ruling AIADMK is not scared of the bypolls. “Booth agents would also be deputed in vacant constituencies within November 15.”
He referred to Ottapidaram and Vilathikulam constituencies in Thoothukudi district as the bastion of the AIADMK.
“So far, we have achieved victory eight times in Vilathikulam constituency and on seven occasions in Ottapidaram constituency,” Raju said