It is said, Thangiah (59), a sanitary worker, residing at Sulaiman Nagar in Karambakudi, Pudukkottai had developed chest pain on Sunday evening and was rushed to the Pudukkottai Medical College where he was admitted and given treatment.
However, on Monday, relatives of Thangiah were told by the medical college that he had died despite treatment. Subsequently, the kin of Thangiah accepted the ‘body’ and brought ‘it’ to their house in the afternoon.
They began preparing for the funeral. As word spread about his death, relatives of Thangiah came to his house to condole his death. At 5.30 pm, while the people were mourning the death, Thangiah suddenly began to cough.
Relatives were shocked relatives and they immediately called for a 108 ambulance and rushed him to the hospital again. He has been undergoing treatment there. Meanwhile, the relatives removed the pandal erected in front of the house and the people started to visit him in the hospital.