Trigger Warning: The following content may cause emotional distress.
A cow was electrocuted after a live wire fell on it in Chennai’s Polichalur on Monday.
The high voltage wire fell from an electric pole nearby, when 45-year-old man Raja was taking the cow and its calf to graze.
Although Raja and the calf escaped unhurt, the calf was seen licking the cow, as if to wake it up. The calf refused to leave its mother's side for quite some time after the incident.
Locals called up the electricity officials and alerted them after which the power connection in the area was turned off.
A case has been filed in the Shankar Nagar police station and the carcass was sent to the government veterinary hospital for further investigation.
Watch the video here: