A businessman was charred to death after an LPG leak in his house at Mahadevi Nagar near Puzhal in the wee hours of Thursday.
On information, the Puzhal police rushed to the spot with fire and rescue personnel from Madhavaram and Red Hills. After the fire was put out, Subramani’s body was found charred in his room. The police suspect that an LPG leak in the kitchen could have caused the fire.
A case has been registered and further investigation is on.
Couple succumbs to burns
The couple was visiting the city to get Krishna Sardar treated for her kidney ailment at a private hospital on Greams Road.
They had rented a service apartment at Gulam Abbas Ali Khan Second Street at Thousand Lights. Around 7.30 am on Wednesday, a fire broke out due to LPG leak while Krishna was cooking. Sunil suffered burns while trying to rescue Krishna, who was engulfed by the fire. They were rescued by the staff at the service apartment and admitted to the KMC after providing first aid at a private hospital where Krishna Sardar was scheduled for her kidney treatment.
The Thousand Lights police have registered a case.