A 25-year-old woman was electrocuted while drying clothes inside her house in Choolaimedu on Tuesday. The deceased, Revathi of Namachivayapuram, was the wife of S Sivaprakash (35).
When he rushed to Government Kilpauk Medical College Hospital, doctors told him that she was declared brought dead.
The Choolaimedu police, who registered a case, said that electricity was passing through the line and she suffered electric shock.
It is said that Sivaprakash already knew about the power leakage and had asked his brother, who lives the next door, to check on the problem.
But he did not inform his wife about it, and she came in contact with it even before his brother could attend to it. The officials said they have recommended an RDO inquiry as the woman died within seven years of her marriage. Further investigation is on.