Over 50 students of a private college had a lucky escape after the college bus that they were travelling on caught fire on GST Road near Perungalathur on Thursday evening.
He immediately alerted all the students, asking them to quickly get down from the bus. Minutes after the students got down, the fire spread and the bus went up in flames. On information, two fire tenders from Tambaram arrived at the spot. But by then the vehicle was gutted in the fire. A police team from Peerkankaranai station who visited the spot said that the short circuit in the wiring could have triggered the fire.