One evening, we decided to have a small get together at home so I figured we might as well cook instead of ordering from outside.
I asked my friends to pick up chicken and a few other ingredients, which they dutifully bought. As the evening drew closer, I began prepping for dinner — it was the first ever time I was cooking.
I set a pan on the stove and was chopping tomatoes, onions and the usual stuff simultaneously. Nearly 15 minutes later, I smelled something burning and realised the pan was getting charred because I hadn’t put anything inside it. I immediately put some oil but to my dismay, the entire pan caught fire!
I don’t even remember what I did to subside it, but I threw in the vegetables, all the various masalas I could get my hand on, an entire packet of pepper powder and the chicken. In the end, it turned out pretty okay — at least we assume so because we were too sozzled to think straight.
– Jishnu is currently pursuing MBA in logistics