The good news is that it is possible to get that salon-finish if you have the right products. Just remember to use those that do not damage your hair, but instead add luster and volume to your tresses and protect them. Give your hair the treatment it deserves.
Sobiya Moghul, Content Lead at Amazon Beauty, recommends eight hair products that will make hair styling at home easy.
A good serum protects the hair from heat damage, dust particles, humidity, pollution and dryness. Choose a serum that provides light hydration for straight and thin hair and intense hydration for frizzy and dry hair. You can also find shine inducing and protecting serums that will work wonders while styling your hair.
- MATRIX Biolage Deep Smoothing Serum
- Streax Pro Hair Serum Vita Gloss
- L'Oreal Paris Total Repair 5 Instant Smooting & Repairing Oil Serum Livon Shake and Spray Hair Serum
For all those days on which it's impossible to shampoo your hair, dry shampoo comes to the rescue. It helps remove excess oil and greasiness making the hair look and smell beautiful. Pro tip: Use it only on the roots to avoid any damage to your hair texture.
- BBLUNT Back to Life Dry Shampoo
- Batiste Dry Shampoo Plus Heavenly Volume
- Colab Dry Shampoo Unicorn Fragrance
- Enliven Dry Shampoo Original
The easiest way to change how your hair looks is to colour it. Remember to use an ammonia-free colour to avoid damage. You can experiment by dip dyeing your ends a glossy mocha or just go a universal glossy brown. Post colour, remember to use products that will hydrate and nourish your tips and keep them damage free.
- Garnier Color Naturals Crème hair color
- L'Oreal Paris Casting Creme Gloss Hair Color
- Revlon Colorsilk Hair Color
- Wella Color Charm Demi Permanent Haircolor
For softer, hydrated and less frizzy hair, it is very important to use a mask regularly. Choose one that has organic and natural ingredients and is sulphate and silicon free for healthy, nourished and lustrous tresses.
- L'Oreal Professionnel Serie Expert Masque
- Biotique Bio Musk Nourishing Treatment
- Matrix By fbb Opti Care Smooth Straight Hair Mask
- Mamaearth's Onion Hair Mask
Of all the hair products, hair cream is one of the most underrated. Perfect for addressing frizziness, flyaways and hair fall, creams also add a natural looking shine to your hair. Remember to use sparingly and wash off thoroughly to avoid build-up of product on your scalp.
- Pantene Open Hair Miracle - Oil replacement
- L'Oreal Paris Hair Spa Repairing Cream Bath for Damaged Hair
- Himalaya Herbals Anti Hair Loss Cream
- Wella Hair Craft Professionals Straightening Cream and Neutralizer
One of the most trusted products in hair styling, wax helps maintain short to medium-length hair without making it clumpy. Apply a small quantity, avoiding the roots and remember to shampoo off well to avoid greasiness and damaged hair follicles in the long run.
- TIGI BED HEAD Workable Wax
- The Man Company Sportivo Hair Styling Pomade Wax
- Ustraa Hair Wax for wet look
- Beardo Hair Wax, Strong Hold
Perfect for setting your hair in the manner you desire, this styling essential is a must-have for those who love experimenting with their looks. Most efficacious when your hair is damp, gels do everything from volumizing to defining curls, besides giving your hair a lovely sheen.
- Set Wet Cool Hold Hair
- BBLUNT Gel Oh! Natural Hold Gel
- Loreal Paris Studio Line Mix it Up Mess Up Paste extra strong gel Wella EIMI Sculpt Force Extra Strong Flubber Gel
Once you have styled your hair, hold it in place with a good hair spray. The latest formulae do not make your hair feel crunchy and stiff, instead they are almost undetectable but have a great hold and add volume where necessary. Light-hold formulae are easy to brush out, allowing you to manipulate your hair in a variety of styles and stronger hold ones will keep your hair style intact until you wash them out.
- Gatsby Set and Keep Extreme Hold Hair Spray
- Tresemme Professionals Salon Sleek Hair Spray
- Loreal Elnett Satin Strong Fixing Smooth Perfect Lacquer Hair Spray Garnier Fructis Style Anti-Humidity Hairspray Extreme Control