Ginger is a part of many home remedies for digestive troubles, as well as for cold and cough.
Its juice can be added to face and hair masks to fight skin and scalp infections, due to its anti-bacterial or anti-microbial abilities. Some beauty bloggers have even recommended using ginger juice to control hair fall. Here’s how to use it to regain healthy and happy skin on your scalp:
- Take a fresh ginger root and slice it into pieces using a sharp knife or grate it.
- Add sliced or grated ginger to some water and let it boil on a low flame. Slowly the colour of the water will start to change and after a few minutes it will turn slightly muddy or translucent yellow.
- Take the water off the flame and filter it out using a fine sieve.
- Press the residual ginger collected over the sieve to drain out the maximum juice into the container.
- Allow the water to cool down. You can either pour this juice into a tiny spray bottle and spray it onto your scalp directly or mix it with an oil carrier and then apply the mixture onto your scalp.
- Allow the mask to sit on your scalp for half an hour and then rinse it off with a gentle anti-dandruff shampoo.
Besides this hair mask, regular oiling and massage is also important.