Orhan, the shoe stylist at Steve Madden and Ambud Sharma, founder, Escaro Royale Luxury, list some trends in boots.
* Over-the-knee-boot: Over-the-knee winter boots have been a popular choice for the last couple of years and rightly so. But, it's how you style them that changes your entire winter look. Instead of opting for the done and dusted ï¿½short skirts and dresses that meet the boots' look, go for velvety mid-length skirts and ankle-sweeping coats to give a layered effect.
* Animal print: Whether in leopard, zebra or snake form, animal prints are set to be one of the top trends for fall. Keep in mind that animal prints basically qualify as neutrals, so the styling possibilities of these shoes are endless. You can work them into an earthy sweater and cropped jeans look or team with a maxi dress and jean-jacket combo. And they will pretty much complement any coat colour as you step afoot this winter.
* Classy black boot: It goes without saying that once the temperature drops, a pair of black winter boots are a necessary wardrobe investment. When choosing a pair of black winter boots, imagine yourself wearing them every day for a week with a different outfit. A classic pair of black boots in high or low ankle can rock most of your wardrobe and will instantly elevate any look.
* Chelsea boots: A pair of Chelsea boots is a must-have for every guy. Not only a pair of Chelsea boots provides the proper warmth in winters but also offers better comfort and grip than other boots. These boots are versatile and can be paired with an endless array of outfits from a tailored classic suit to casual jeans and T-shirt.
* Ankle boots: Ankle boots are the most popular boots among men. Reaching to or just above the ankle, these can be flaunted with a wide range of outfits. They can be matched with chinos and a buttoned-up shirt for the casual look to denim with a T-shirt with a blazer to rock the urban look.
* Brogue boots: These are easily recognized by its patterned hole punch detailing. They are very stylish to wear and give a different dimension to your look. They can be worn with dark coloured chinos and denim for the casual look and with a tailored blazer to tweak a formal look.